Saturday 1 September 2012

HARRY REDKNAPP ON THE RUNNERS AND RIDERS



RELEGATION CANDIDATES 
Aston Villa Top, top coach, Paul Lambert. They'll be fine. 
Fulham I think Martin's bought some fantastic players in. They'll be fine. 
Norwich It's going to be difficult, but I honestly think they'll be fine, I really do. 
QPR They've backed the manager, that's for sure. They'll be fine. 110%. 
Reading Yeah, no, I think Brian's got some real good players there, y'know, and Reading'll be fine.  
Southampton They'll have a right go. They'll be fine, for me
West Brom Steve Clarke's a good coach – top coach and they'll be absolutely fine. 
West Ham Big Sam's bought well. I think they'll be fine. I can't see them matching the fifth-place finish I got there in 1999, but they look powerful, solid, and they'll be OK. 
Wigan They'll be fine. They'll be alright. Roberto Martinez? Absolutely fine. 

EUROPEAN CANDIDATES 
Arsenal Top four, for me. Nailed on. 
Chelsea Robby did ask me about the boy Hazard in the summer and I thought he was talking about Micky. Told him he'd retired 20 years ago. No, no, seriously, I told him I thought he'd be a triffic signing. He can pass it, he's got everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it, I really wouldn't. 
Everton What a job Moyesy's done. Incredible really. Year in, year out. Triffic manager. Top six, for sure. 
Liverpool Yeah, Brendan came and did a week with me at Tottenham. Bright lad, good learner. They'll sneak in for Champions League, no doubt about it. 
Man City I think they look strong. I can't see them not winning it, to be honest. 
Man United They've got goals in 'em. Van Persie and Kagawa, y'know, are top, top, top players. They'll win it for me. 
Newcastle Scouted well has Alan Pardew. Top six, without doubt, maybe even Champions League this time. 
Sunderland Yeah, he's got some good signings in has Martin. I like the look of the boy Johnson. They'll be top six, no question. 
Tottenham Had they not lost Luka, who's just been flying ever since I moved him in off the left, y'know, then I'd've said they should be favourites for the title to be honest with ya. But top three, top four, for sure. 

MID-TABLE KNIFE EDGE 
Stoke I can't see them being sucked in. They'll be fine. I even think Tone could squeeze 'em into Europe, I really do. Crouchy... No, top six. 
Swansea I like Laudrup. Tried to bring him to Bournemouth when I beat Man Utd in the FA Cup with 'em in '84, but he was happy at Juventus. But no, they'll kick on this year, for sure. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they get in the Europa League. 




No comments:

Post a Comment